Thanks for joining us again over here on the blog, we’re glad to have you back! Today, we want to give you 5 tips to sell your home during the winter months. There is no denying that everything in the winter moves at a little slower pace, real estate included. However, that does not mean that your home can’t be sold quickly and for the price you want. Sure, there is less competition in the winter months, but the buyers that are out there are going to be motivated ones! Let’s be honest, no one is going to face the cold to “look around” for a home when it’s 12 degrees. Buyers are out there in the winter, and most times, they are very ready to buy. Okay now, let’s get into the tips!
1. As much as you really want to, try not to go ALL out on your holiday decor. There is nothing wrong with putting up your beautiful Christmas tree and a few decorations here and there. However, what you want to avoid is the holiday decorations becoming a distraction or making it hard for potential buyers to visualize the house without them. Your gorgeous home should be the center of attention, not your decorations.
2. Winter can be doom and gloom – the fact that it gets dark at 5:00 o’clock puts a damper on showings. Don’t let that make your home feel dark! Make sure that your home feels fresh and light just like it would in the spring and summer. Add some extra lights to brighten up the place and make sure you take advantage of all the natural light when you have it!
3. Keeping your house clean in the winter always feels like a bigger struggle for some reason, we get that. However, when you have potential buyers coming through, make sure that baby is clean! A clean and tidy house really does make a huge difference.
4. Curb appeal is crucial, even when it’s covered in snow! It’s important to have your driveway cleared off and you are still maintaining your yard and porch. Try to make your home feel light and clean from the moment those potential buyers pull up. Bonus tip: Add some pictures of the exterior of your house from the spring/summer months to your marketing; sometimes it’s hard for buyers to visualize what it will look like when it’s green and beautiful!
5. Lastly, choose an excellent real estate team to help you along the way. They are the experts and can guide you step by step to come up with a personalized plan to get your house sold quickly in the winter months.
If your thinking about selling your home this winter, give us a call, we would love to help! If not, have fun putting up ALL those holiday decorations 🙂
Please reach out with any questions or comments, we would love to hear from you!
The Arbuckle Team